Snacks aren’t the enemyFeb 24, 2022
Who doesn't love a good snack?
We’re drawn to them daily — maybe even a little hardwired to reach for something sweet or salty when we’re looking for a little comfort. And that’s okay because snacks are great.
Well, when they’re good for you.
(And good for you, doesn’t have to mean boring!)
People track their food for many reasons. Awareness and accountability are popular, but three of the top reasons people track are to:
- Plan SNACKS,
- Control SNACK portions, and
- Balance SNACKS.
Macro-friendly snacking is a great way to fuel your body and mind. It’s also a great way to avoid food boredom.
Who wants to munch on celery sticks every damn day?!
Planning ahead and shopping for the right foods are key to eating macro-balanced snacks. Here are eight of our favourite macro-friendly snacks.
Give ‘em a try and you’ll never leave the house without good, quality snacks that keep you healthy and fulfilled — and happy. (Who wants to be hangry?!)
8 macro-friendly snacks for balance & control
- Pumpkin, beet, or chocolate hummus with veggies.
- Skyr yogurt with tart cherries and hemp seeds.
- Brown rice cakes with soft goat cheese, roasted turkey slices, and alfalfa sprouts.
- Chocolate peanut butter chia pudding
- Homemade double chocolate protein muffins
- Buckwheat chocolate chip pancakes
- Turmeric collagen latte (sweetened with maple syrup)
- SeaSnax, plus apple and almond butter
Hungry yet? Remember: plan your snacks, track your snacks, THEN eat your snacks.
And, most importantly, ENJOY your snacks — they help fuel everything you do.
Photo credit: Monika Grabkowska via Unsplash.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.